Critical and Progressive Care Nursing Topics
This event offers
10.0 CE credits
CE accredited by AACN.
Registration is now open for our annual conference- Critical Care Nursing: The Future is Now! Just a reminder, last years event sold out 4 weeks before the conference. Some of our speakers include: Carol Rauen (unanticipated emergencies) Megan Brunson, President Elect for AACN speaking on the theme and a breakout session on NIghtshift: How patients and nurses adapt to the dark. Christa Schoor will be presenting on Sepsis.
We are fortunate to have Dr. Zack Berger offer our keynote on day 2. Dr. Berger is an Associate Professor of Medicine in the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, and Core Faculty in the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics as well as the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Services and Outcome Research. An active primary care doctor with a practice in adult internal medicine, his research and educational work focuses on bridging physician guidelines and evidence-based medicine with patient preferences and the lived experience of illness. In particular, he investigates, writes, and teaches about the ways in which uncertainty and other situations complicate the received dogmas of EBM, shared decision making, and patient-centered care. In addition to his role as a preceptor in the adult medicine residency clinic at Johns Hopkins, and teaching faculty in the School of Medicine, he has developed a novel course in Hopkins’ Masters of Bioethics program to address these issues, Ethics of Healthcare Decision Making, as well as co-creating a new housestaff curriculum in EBM, SDM, and high value care.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. ANCC Accredited Approver Number A0012.
Rooms are available at the Sheraton Baltimore North, just a short drive from the conference center and we have secured a great discount if you book under "Chesapeake Bay AACN"
Registration Refund and Cancellation Policy
Note: No refunds available after March 10. Please submit requests prior to this date in writing to the treasurer, Alice Slavick firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please allow up to 14 days to process refund. Cancellations by the Chesapeake Bay Chapter will be processed minus the registration fee.
The Chesapeake Bay Chapter of the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses invites you to participate in our 30th annual critical care symposium, titled, Critical Care Nursing: The Future is Now. The conference will be held on March 27 and 28, 2019 at The Conference Center at Sheppard Pratt in Towson, MD. There will be a dedicated exhibit hall for vendors and dedicated time set aside for participants to visit your exhibits.
Here is information regarding our conference:
- We anticipate 100 participants
- This program will be marketed to nurses in Maryland, DC, Virginia and Pennsylvania. We will also be advertising this event in the national AACN newsletter and on the AACN website.
- The audience will be composed of nurses that practice primarily in adult medicine/telemetry, intensive care units and progressive care units. Many of the attendees’ practice in a variety of specialized settings such as critical care transport, medical/surgical cardiology, dialysis, cardiac catheterization labs, burn units, recovery units and emergency departments.
The exhibit hall schedule is as follows:
- Set up time is 7:00AM
- Exhibits will be open during registration, morning breaks, during lunch and during the afternoon break.
Please complete the agreement and return the form with applicable fees March 11, 2019 to reserve space.
We look forward to your participation and thank you for your time and interest in supporting the Chesapeake Bay Chapter-AACN.
If written notice of cancellation is received by Chapter:
- More than 150 days before the event: 25% of the exhibit fee will be retained by Chapter.
- 150 – 90 days before the event: 50% of the cost of the exhibit fee will be retained by Chapter.
- Less than 90 days before the event: 100% of the cost of the exhibit space will be retained by Chapter.
If Chapter cancels the event, the Exhibitor will be refunded 100% of monies paid within 5 business days.