Registered Nurse - Medical ICU (MICU) New
Rochester General Hospital
Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) / Cardiac Care Unit (CCU)
The Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) / Cardiac Care Unit is a sixteen bed unit located at Rochester General Hospital (RGH). The patient population consists of critically ill medical and cardiology adult patients. The MICU/CCU maintains cutting edge technology to provide the highest level of care to our critically ill patients. If you are looking for a great place to work where you will give as much as you receive then the MICU is the right place for you to expand your critical thinking and be part of a leading team in patient care.
The R.N. I maintains quality patient care through consistent standards of nursing practice in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. Utilizes the nursing process: assess, diagnosis, plan, implement and evaluate to execute appropriate individual patient care. The R.N. is instrumental in providing an exceptional experience for patient and family. Key Responsibilities includes providing high-quality, patient-centered, clinical care:
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of the patient, utilizing appropriate data (i.e. physical, psychological, educational and risk-screen data appropriate for the chronological / developmental age of the patient).
- Demonstrates clinical judgment in responding to priority patient needs.
- Communicates and documents assessment of patient with the interdisciplinary team. Utilizes all available resources in order to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Develops and documents plan of care, treatment and services which is individualized and appropriate for the patient needs, strengths, limitations and goals.
- Provides care, treatment and services in collaboration with interdisciplinary health team.
- Maintains an appropriate nurse-patient relationship.
- Complies with organizational policies, procedures and protocols including policies governing safety, medication administration and documentation.
- Initiates and documents education plan for the patient and family based on identified learning.
- Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION SKILLS:
- Registered Nurse license in New York State.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (Exception: Any active Unity RN as of 6/27/2016 must satisfy this requirement on or before 12/31/2016).
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Rochester General Hospital (RGH) is a 528-bed acute care, teaching hospital that serves the Greater Rochester NY region and beyond. Rochester General Hospital has a full array of services to meet the medical needs of upstate New York, including nationally-recognized programs in cardiac, cancer, orthopaedics, vascular, surgery and diabetes. Rochester General Hospital's nationally recognized programs have consistently demonstrated quality outcomes that positively impact our patients, their families and the entire community.