Transport Nurse Specialist New
The George Washington University Hospital (UHS)
The George Washington University Hospital is looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values. People who know that working in healthcare is more than a job…it’s a vocation. Healthcare professionals have a unique opportunity to affect lives for the better every day. Just minutes from Washington, D.C.'s tourist sites and government headquarters, The George Washington University Hospital serves a diverse group of patients — from area residents to visiting dignitaries and heads of state.
A subsidiary of Universal Health Services Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, PA-based company that is one of the nation's largest healthcare management companies.
We are currently looking for a Transport Nurse Specialist to join our team in Washington, DC.
As the Transport Nurse Specialist (TNS) you will provide safe and therapeutic care during inter-hospital ground transport of a wide variety of patients from infants though adults. The nurse autonomously conducts the initial and ongoing patient assessment, clinical stabilization, and provision of diagnostic, medical and surgical interventions during transport. The nurse collaborates with other health team members and other individuals to problem solve and implement treatment modalities in an effort to maximize patient outcomes.
The qualified candidate must have:
- BSN Required
- 3+ years of critical care experience (ICU and/or Emergency Department) or previous critical care transport experience as a team leader
- American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and PALS (successful completion within 3 months of hire)
- ASLS (successful completion within 3 months of hire)
- NRP (successful completion within 6 months of hire)
- TNCC, TPATC, or ATCN (successful completion within 6 months of hire with equivalent experience)
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying on line.
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V